"The Stand [EP] provides us with a watershed moment in indie pop" - Zachary Rush, Indie Music Review
"The new album combines acoustic and electronic music into a refreshing new sound." - David Goggin (aka Mr Bonzai), United Recording, Los Angeles CA
With the release of sophomore record, The Stand EP, front-woman Sherri Anne has set out to share her passionate songwriting around the globe. Sister Speak’s new record was tracked in Los Angeles with producer Avli Avliav (Sony, Warner, BMG). The Stand EP has been launched with a music video filmed in South America, several record release concerts and a world tour.
1. “The Stand EP” (Indie-Pop/electronic)
First Single: The Stand (Official Music Video out now)
Stream “The Stand”
2. Concert Highlights: 150+ shows a year throughout North America
National Acts Sister Speak has supported:
Penny & Sparrow
Run River North
The Wailers – Festival
Vaud & The Villains
Los Angeles area: The Hotel Cafe (headliner), Moroccan Lounge, The Viper Room, Santa Monica Pier, Pappy & Harriet’s, The NAMM Show; San Diego: Belly Up Tavern (headliner), The Casbah (headliner); Humphreys on the Bay, The Music Box, House Of Blues; Santa Barbara: SOHO; San Francisco: Hotel Utah; Sacramento: Torch Club; San Juan Capistrano: The Coach House; Seattle: Royal Room; Portland: Doug Fir Lounge
Vancouver: CBC Vancouver, Railway Club; Penticton: Dream Cafe; Enderby: Lorenzos; Kamloops: Sunpeak’s Summer Concerts; Music in the Park in Kamloops, Kelowna, Revelstoke; Vernon: Komasket Music Festival with The Wailers; Calgary: National Music Center
Eastern Canada & USA: Toronto: Cameron House, Canadian Music Week; Hamilton: Junofest showcase; Chicago, IL: Hard Rock Cafe, Mayne Stage, Martyrs; New York, NY: Rockwood Music Hall
International: Mexico, Costa Rica, Germany
3. Live Videos: www.sisterspeakmusic.com/videos
4. Debut Album: Rise Up For Love Highlights (Alt-Roots/Pop)
– Winner of ‘Best Pop’ at the 2017 San Diego Music Awards
– Radio: aired and in rotation on CBC radio in Canada & BBC in Scotland
– Commercial radioplay in California, British Columbia, New York, Chicago and Europe.
– Aired on 70+ college radio/independent stations in USA, Canada, Europe
– NBC placed Sherri Anne as one of San Diego’s top nine rhythm guitarist
6. Press & Photos: www.sisterspeakmusic.com/press & www.sisterspeakmusic.com/photos
7. Sister Speak Bio: www.sisterspeakmusic.com/biography
Currently based in Los Angeles, CA
Canadian born and now California-residing Sherri Anne is at the core of Sister Speak, an indie-pop (and rock, blues, and world music) entity that creates warm, uplifting, and thought-provoking music. Sister Speak’s forthcoming EP captures a modern edge while combining the world’s of acoustic and electronic music into one sound.
Sister Speak’s debut album, Rise Up For Love, was released in 2014 and since then, Sister Speak has performed over 500 shows, supported acts like Xavier Rudd, Mike Love (Hawaii), Air Supply, Chris Isaak and appeared on Canada’s global TV, FM 91.1 San Diego, at N.A.M.M, and at numerous music festivals throughout North America. The music has hit radio airwaves throughout Canada, the USA and Europe – mainly CBC Canada, BBC Europe and select California commercial radio. Sister Speak won Best Pop at the 2017 San Diego Music Awards.
Whether solo or as a collective, Sister Speak supports the authentic expression of the woman’s voice through music.